The Wake Up to Dying Project is excited to be on the road this fall and we need your help. Our events run on volunteer power! Can you lend a hand to help make this unique experience a success in your community?
We will be in Somerville, MA September 24th – 27th.
Please consider volunteering for a 2-4 hour shift to help with:
- Help make the exhibit look beautiful and inviting by lending a hand with set-up.
- Be a Greeter and help people explore the many ideas around death, dying, and life that the exhibit has to offer.
- Help create a warm and reflective space as a Listening Volunteer in our audio story tent.
- Guide visitors through the materials provided by local organizations in our resource area.
- Help us break down the exhibit after the event and send us on our way to the next town!
Volunteers are needed all day everyday from 8am to 8pm, so regardless of your schedule, you can help! Community based volunteers make this a very special experience for everyone. Our aim is to provide a warm, contemplative space for visitors to feel comfortable to explore, share or simply observe. Please sign up to join us today.
For more information about our events and to review our workshop and dialogue schedule for your town, click here.
We do hope you plan to attend one of the events as well. Bring a friend or loved one with you to share in this unique experience!
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to volunteer and/or need more specific information on any of the duties. Looking forward to seeing you on the road!
Delia Gillen – Event Coordinator